15 minutes total | 10 minutes active
- 2TB butter
- 1 big pinch parsley (dried or fresh)
- 1/2 shallot (or substitute red onion)
- 1 lemon
- 2 medium-sized garlic cloves
- 1 filet Mahi-Mahi
- Olive Oil
Before starting, preheat your oven to 400°F!
First, we prepare our sauce:
- Mince or pulverize garlic
- Dice shallot
- Finely chop parsley
- Zest and juice lemon
- Combine butter, parsley, shallot, garlic, lemon juice, and lemon zest into small saucepan
- Heat on low heat until everything is melted and mixed. Do not simmer!
- Season with salt and pepper to taste
Once our sauce is ready, we’ll cook our mahi:
- Dry mahi with paper towel. This will give us a better sear.
- Liberally season both sides with salt and pepper
- Heat a pan (metal handle) with olive oil until smoking
- Drop mahi and sear on one side
- Once seared on the first side, flip and cook in oven for 5 minutes
Once the mahi is done, plate with a spoonful of sauce on top, and you’re good to go!